Terms & Conditions
Hero Insurance Broking India Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “HIBIPL“, “we” or “our“) operates the website http://www.heroibil.com and the corresponding associate software applications (including mobile application) of ours (collectively, “Website“), to provide consumers choice and an easy way to buy Insurance products from multiple insurance companies. HIBIPL is not an insurer / insurance company. HIBIPL is a licensed Insurance Broking Company holding a Broking licence from the Indian Insurance Regulator – Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDA Direct Broker Code: 649).
Our participating insurers / insurance providers supply some of the information available on the Website and therefore there may be inaccuracies in the information or data available on the Website, including the information, resources, services, products, and tools (collectively, “Resources“), over which HIBIPL has limited control.
HIBIPL does not warrant or guarantee the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of the Resources; or Quality of the results obtained from the use of the Website or the Resources.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, HIBIPL has no liability in relation to or arising out of the Resources and Website recommendations. You are responsible for the final choice of your product and service and you should take time to read through all information supplied before proceeding. If you are in any doubt regarding a product or its terms you should seek further advice from HIBIPL or the relevant participating provider before choosing your product.
HIBIPL may pass on your personal information to the relevant participating provider if you apply to purchase a product through the Website, however, HIBIPL does not guarantee when or if you will actually acquire the product that you have chosen. HIBIPL does not accept any liability arising out of circumstances where there is delay in you acquiring the product or service you have chosen.
Please note that final issuance of the policy is subject to the underwriting norms and discretion of the insurer whose policy you have chosen to buy / avail, on which HIBIPL has no control. Incase policy is not issued by the insurer for any reason whatsoever, the premium amount will be refunded by the Insurer, on which HIBIPL has no control..
This User Agreement will become effective from the date of your first use of the Website.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement every time you make use of Website to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of the Website after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our Website and accessing the Resources, you agree to use the Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- In order to access Resources, you may be required to provide certain personal information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account on the Website.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with Website or Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell Resources or the Website or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.
Open Communication Tools / Resources
We may provide various open communication tools / Resources on our Website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools / Resources, which means that if you choose to use these tools / Resources to submit any type of content to our Website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools / Resources in a responsible and ethical manner.
By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools / Resources or the Website, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, host, display, publish, transmit, modify, update or otherwise distribute any content or information that:
- is threatening, grossly harmful, defamatory, libellous, abusive, harassing, degrading, blasphemous, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, disparaging, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racially or ethnically objectionable, contains any type of inappropriate, or explicit language, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful or illegal in any manner whatever
- infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- impersonates any person or entity, including any HIBIPL employees or representatives;
- belongs to another user or person and to which you do not have any right;
- harm minors in any way;
- violates any law;
- deceives or misleads the reader / addressee / any other user about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Website or Resource or any part thereof; or
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
We have the right, at our sole discretion, to remove or disable any content or information that, we feel, in our judgment, does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any third-party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim or remedy against us.
You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may, directly or indirectly, incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HIBIPL and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfil any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our Website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”, without representations or warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. While we have taken precautions to avoid inaccuracies on the Website or the Resources, all information or Resources (including the related graphics) are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- The use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements;
- The use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors;
- The information obtained by using our Resources will be correct, complete, accurate or reliable; and
- Any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- No information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from HIBIPL. or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
- You need to ensure that active data connection is enabled on your device from which the Website is intended to be used or accessed. In some instances, your access to the Website may also be occasionally suspended or restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services at any time without prior notice. We will, however, attempt to limit the frequency and duration of any such suspension or restriction. We will strive to meet the highest technical standards and shall not be liable in the event of any injury, loss or death to any user for any reason whatsoever.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for products and/or services used or availed on the Website. HIBIPL will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Website or Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on the Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, Website name, code, images, logos and all other Resources are the intellectual property of HIBIPL and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by HIBIPL.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our Website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
This Website is controlled by HIBIPL from our offices located in the state of Delhi, India. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of Delhi, by accessing our Website, you agree that the statutes and laws of India, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this Website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the courts located in Delhi, India. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction exclusively by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, HERO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Change or Modification
HIBIPL reserves the sole right to modify, amend, change, refuse or revoke their respective services, at any time without assigning any reason and without any liability and notice
You are authorising HIBIPL to override the DND settings to reach out to you over calls, SMS, emails and any other mode of communication. This authorization will override your registry under NDNC.
If you have any questions or comments about this User Agreement, you can contact us at:
Hero Insurance Broking India Private Limited
Plot No. 264, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III,
New Delhi – 110020